Skip to content
Safety Tips for a Hot Yoga Workout
- Dehydration – Drinking water before, during and after your yoga practice is essential. A sports drink with electrolytes is also beneficial after your workout.
- Preexisting health conditions – may make you pass out in a hot room. These conditions can include arterial abnormalities, anorexia nervosa and a history of fainting.
- Low blood pressure or low blood sugar – check with your doctor if you have either of these conditions as you may be prone to dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Pregnancy – check with your doctor as to whether it’s safe for you to engage in a hot yoga workout.
- Stop right away if you feel dizzy, lightheaded or nauseous.